Atlantic Residential has an exciting career opportunity available. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician for our fabulous apartment communities. Our company is dedicated to providing the highest level of residential satisfaction by building and managing Best-in-class Products in Best-in-class Neighborhoods.
At Atlantic Residential, you can expect great pay, benefits, paid vacations and holidays, incentive bonuses, and internal growth potential. If you are interested in an excellent opportunity with a dynamic company, please see details below.
Maintenance Technician is responsible for the prompt and efficient performance of all tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager, and for continuous self- improvement of skills and expertise. A willingness to accept and follow the directions of others is required as is a working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances, stove, dishwashers, disposals, and refrigerators. Additional skill requirements include, but are not limited too electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry.
- Maintaining a professional image and attitude in keeping with the objectives of the company and the resident’s welfare.
- Reporting to supervisor each morning and as requested, for work assignments, satisfying service requests promptly (within 24 hours) and efficiently. If unusual circumstances make this impossible, the resident must be notified of the reasons for delay.
- Informing the supervisor of needed parts and supplies.
- Leaving notices in residents’ apartments which state reasons for entrance and an explanation of any work performed.
- Observing the condition of any occupied apartments entered, and reporting any unusual circumstances to the supervisor, for example, cleanliness, size and number of pets, appearance of floors, appliances, walls, light fixtures, etc.
- Performing make- ready tasks in turnover units as directed.
- Keeping the premises clean and in order and employing reasonable diligence in the removal of snow to afford ready access into and past the buildings and garages belonging to the premises.
- Knowing the location of all water, gas and power turnoffs, cleanout, traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants as well as the telephone numbers of the police, ambulance service, fire department, power, gas trash and water companies.
- Working with supervisor in executing the preventative maintenance schedule for cleaning of furnaces, A/C coils, oiling motors and circulating pumps, exterior painting, changing of filters, replacing of light bulbs in common a public area, hot water heater equipment as well as trash room. Pressure cleaning and garage cleaning equipment is utilized, as necessary.
- Knowing condition of vacant apartments.
- Keeping Track of tools that are under current inventory.
- Working with supervisor to keep a clean and orderly shop. Monthly inspections occur for cleanliness, logbooks, and inventory control.
- Picking up trash observed on the property while performing normal duties.
- Thinking and working safely at all times.
- Reporting all needed repairs to the supervisor.
- Putting all ashes and other refuse into the receptacles provided by the premises for waste removal.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) Trade school certificate(s) in electrical, plumbing, maintenance.
- Solid knowledge of general maintenance and repairs. Experience in HVAC, plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, painting, carpentry, dry wall.
- Excellent customer service and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to understand instructions and communicate in basic English
- Valid Driver License.