Atlantic Residential has an exciting career opportunity available. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Supervisor for our fabulous apartment communities. Our company provides the highest level of residential satisfaction by building and managing Best-in- class Products in Best-in-class Neighborhoods.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the physical condition of the property and for management and supervision of subordinate personnel. The ability to supervise, teach and motivate staff is required, as a journeyman’s understanding of HVAC systems and various appliances, stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, disposals. A working knowledge of electricity, plumbing and carpentry is also required.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude and demanding the same of their staff. It is their duty to insist that the decorum of the employee in their charge be in keeping with the objectives of the Company.
- Advising the Property Manager of maintenance problems and of programs designed to solve them.
- Making recommendations to the Property Manager for the purchase of supplies, equipment, and services. The maintenance Supervisor will maintain an inventory of frequently used parts and replacement items and will order to restock inventory of the first of each month in accordance with amounts and items approved by the Property Manager.
- Meeting daily with the Property Manager and giving daily written reports of work completed, including all service requests and inspection sheets
- Establishing daily work schedules for his staff and monitoring their production, efficiency and the materials used.
- Satisfying service requests promptly (within 24 hours) and efficiently. If unusual circumstances make this impossible, the resident must be informed of the reasons for the delay.
- Keeping a permanent record of the service request received.
- Observing the condition of any occupied apartment entered and reporting unusual circumstances to the Property Manager, for example, cleanliness, size and number of pets, appearance of floors, appliances, walls, light fixtures, etc.
- Strictly observing Company policy regarding service requests, Budget Control system, and Purchase Order policies and procedures.
- Making all purchases in the name of the property. Any exceptions will be authorized by the Regional Manager/ General Manager.
- Providing a twenty-four hour “Emergency Service” and making on-call schedule for the Maintenance Department.
- Exercising control over maintenance expenditures.
- Supervising the maintenance of exterior lighting, gutters, down-spouts, roofs and flashing, roadways, walks, laundry facilities, recreation areas building and grounds.
- Supervising the policing of the property and dumpster arears morning, evening, and on weekends.
- Knowing the location of all water, gas and power turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire hydrants, and fire extinguishers. Having available the telephone numbers of the police, ambulance service, the fire department, power, gas, and water companies.
- Establishing and executing a regular preventative maintenance schedule for cleaning of furnaces and A/C coils, oiling motors and circulating pumps, exterior painting, changing of filters, replacing of light bulbs in public areas, and the hot water heating equipment boiler rooms and chiller equipment.
- Knowing current condition of all vacancies.
- Participating in the hiring of maintenance personnel.
- Holding classes for the maintenance staff as needed to improve their efficiency.
- Keeping accurate and up to date inventory of tools and supplies.
- Stripping any discarded appliances or equipment or equipment of any usable parts.
- Recording the serial numbers of appliances in each apartment.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and secure workshop.
- Ensuring that the maintenance staff thinks and works safely.
- Technical school preferred; High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in maintenance
- Prior apartment maintenance experience preferred * Knowledge in plumbing, electrical, and general building trades
- EPA Section 608 (Preferred)
- HVAC (Preferred)
- Excellent customer service and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to understand instructions and communicate in basic English.
- Valid Driver License.