Atlantic Residential has an exciting career opportunity available. We are currently looking for an Assistant Manager for our fabulous apartment communities. Our company provides the highest level of residential satisfaction by building and managing Best-in-class Products in Best-in-class Neighborhoods.
At Atlantic Residential, you can expect great pay, benefits, paid vacations and holidays, incentive bonuses, and internal growth potential. If you are interested in an excellent opportunity with a dynamic company, please see details below.
The Assistant Property Manager is to assist the Property Manager in effectively managing the property. In the manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with accomplishing property objectives as set forth by the property supervisor and the property owner. In addition, the Assistant Manager is directly responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly reports including accurate reporting of rents and deposits received.
- Maintains accurate resident records. Updates on a daily basis all rents, deposits and application fees received from residents. Issue appropriate notices when necessary (e.g., late payments, eviction notices, returned check memos).
- Deposits all receipts prior to bank close each day.
- Maintains positive customer relations attitude.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance staff. Will also inspect move-outs and vacancies when requested.
- Must be knowledgeable of all phases of leasing and resident retention.
- Works with lease renewals each month.
- Greets prospective clients, shows community, and performs leasing duties as needed.
- Answers and handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents, current residents, vendor/suppliers, etc.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to manager for marketing community and improving resident satisfaction.
- Updates required reports concerning move-out notices, activity, etc., on a daily basis and provides information to the manager.
- Organizes and files all applicable reports, leases, and paperwork.
- Proofreads all lease paperwork and processes move-ins and move-outs.
- Processes all security deposit move-out reports.
- Accepts service requests from residents and routes to maintenance for prompt processing. Conducts service follow-up with resident when work is completed.
- Two (2) years’ property management or customer service experience required.
- Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Operate telephone, personal computer/keyboard, Microsoft Office including Word and MS Outlook, community software
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the employee handbook.
- Demonstrate ability to diffuse and respond to customer concerns to avoid escalation of the problem.